Steamboat Property Owners’ Association
Fairway Meadows Filing No. 1
Minutes of the Annual Meeting of Members
January 24, 2011
The Ore House
1465 Pine Grove Road
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Roll Call of Members: Board President Andy Weynand called the meeting to order at approximately 6:00 PM and announced that a quorum of 62 total votes was present, with 17 votes in attendance and 41 proxies. The following board members were introduced:
- Rich Danter
- Tom Dugan
- Bill Sauter
- Approval of Minutes: Upon motion duly made and seconded, the minutes of the March 8, 2010 annual meeting were approved by unanimous vote.
- Association Update: President Weynand reported on the following topics:
Trailers at Homes The topic of trailers left in driveways was addressed in the spring of 2010 and there has been no incident or complaints since.
Vacation Home Rentals One additional VHR application was completed by a new homeowner. Initially there was neighbourhood opposition but after the City approved the application there have been little activity and no complaints.
Ridge Townhome Deck Construction Issue In 2010 the Board discussed a new deck installation with two Ridge Townhome owners. There was concern that the deck infringed on another owner’s property. The Board referred the issue to the City building department.
- Treasurer’s Report: Treasurer Bill Sauter reviewed his written financial report, noting a starting balance of $34,180.70, income of $4,675.51, expenses of $2,755.38, for a 2010 YE balance of $36,100.83. Bill also reported that one owner remains two years delinquent in the payment of dues and that four additional owners have not made payment for their 2010 dues. The association continues to place liens on seriously past due properties. He stated that this has been an effective method of collection for when the property sells but otherwise past due owners are remaining past due. He continues to send reminder letters to the delinquent owners.
- Dues: President Weynand stated that current annual dues were $25 per single family home and $50 per duplex. After a motion was made and duly seconded, the current dues structure was continued for 2011. The motion carried unanimously and dues invoices will be mailed in March.
- Board of Directors Election: President Weynand noted that there were two vacancies on the Board. Both Andy Weynand and Vice President Ed McLaughlin have expressed a willingness to continue to service. There were no other nominations from the floor. A motion was made, duly seconded, and approved re-electing Mr. Weynand and Mr. McLaughlin to the Board. Mr. Weynand stated that Scott Borden had resigned from the Board and his term expiring in 2012 would be filled by Board appointment. Two owners expressed an interest in serving and one would be selected at the following Board meeting.
The Board of Directors and their terms are as follows:
Andy Weynand, President 2014
Ed McLaughlin, VP and Secretary: 2014
Bill Sauter, Treasurer 2012
Gary Pon 2013
Tom Dougan 2013
Rich Danter, Ridge III Townhomes 2012
To be filled by BOD appointment 2012
- Other Business:
- Golf Course: Bill Davis reported as a member of the golf committee on the progress of selling new memberships. He stated that a few did sell but that considerably more need to sell to fund the needed clubhouse remodel. He also noted that there was an elk herd of 50 living on the 2 and 3rd fairways. Mr. Weynand asked if it was possible for Association members to purchase ski touring center passes for a discount since Sanctuary members are given this opportunity. Mr. Davis stated that he would inquire about the possibility of discounted season passes.
- Landscaping Improvements into Common Area:
An owner expressed concern that there was a newer home completed recently that they thought had made landscaping improvements that encroached into the Association common area. After much discussion, it was decided that the Board would take the matter up and send letters to owners bordering the common area.
- Adjournment: Upon motion made and duly seconded, the meeting was adjourned at approximately 6:45 PM.