Steamboat Property Owners Association
Minutes of February 11, 2016 Board Meeting
Members Present: Rich Danter, Tom Dugan, Bill Hibbard, Paul Longsdorf, Gary Pon, Marcia Pryde and Bill Sauter
Members Absent: None
The Meeting was held at Gary Pon’s residence. Bill Hibbard called the meeting to order at 4:20pm.
- Short Term Rental Notice from City –It has come to the attention of the board that James Mason has made application with the City of Steamboat Springs for vacation home rentals at 1482 Steamboat Blvd. Unit B in Steamboat Springs. It was agreed that a letter will be sent to the owner informing them of the provisions in the association Declaration regarding short-term (less than 30 days) rentals.
- Annual Assessment-A discussion was held regarding the annual assessment which is currently $25 per unit. The current balance in the association accounts is approximately $38,000. In view of the increased expenditures for legal fees associated with Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act (CCIOA) and anticipated expenses associated with establishing and maintaining an association website it was agreed that the annual assessment should be increased. It was moved, seconded and unanimously approved that the annual assessment be increased to $50.00.
- Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act (CCIOA)-The board reviewed and discussed the provisions included in a memorandum dated January 11, 2016 and a draft resolution provided by Jason Yanowitz with the law firm of Weiss and Van Scoyk, LLP. The board agreed that regardless of whether the association is a pre-CCIOA community or a CCIOA community, the policies, procedures, rules and regulations included in the draft resolution appear reasonable. A number of questions for Jason Yanowitz arose during the discussion. It was agreed that Gary will schedule a meeting for he and Bill Sauter to meet with Jason regarding these questions and notify Bill Hibbard of the date and time of the meeting on the chance that he might also attend. A list of the Board questions for Jason Yanowitz is attached to these minutes.
- Website for Association-It was agreed that we should pursue development of an association website after reaching agreement on the draft resolution. We have a couple of local names of candidates, but neither appears to have developed a website for an association. We will ask Jason Yanowitz for a referral or recommendation.
- Annual Meeting Date-It was agreed that we strive to schedule an annual meeting in June as provided in the bylaws and after work is completed on the draft resolution.
Meeting adjourned at 6:14pm.
Gary Pon, Secretary