Steamboat Property Owners Association
Minutes of February 28, 2017 Board Meeting
Present: Rich Danter, Tom Dugan, Bill Hibbard, Paul Longsdorf, Gary Pon, Marcia Pryde, Bill Sauter, and Owner guest, Pam Gresty.
Bill Hibbard called the meeting to order at the Steamboat Grand Owners Lounge, at approximately 4:45pm.
Approval of Minutes-The minutes of the August 9, 2016 board meeting were unanimously approved.
- Date, location, time of 2017 Annual Owners Meeting-Following a brief discussion, it was decided that the 2017 Annual Meeting will be held on Monday, April 3, 2017 at the Ore House beginning at 5:30pm. A notice, agenda, proxy and dues statement will be prepared for mailing to all Owners.
- General Assessment for 2017-Bill Sauter distributed and reviewed a financial statement for 2016 and proposed budget for 2017. Following discussion, it was moved, seconded and unanimously approved that the budget be adopted and that the 2017 dues remain at $50 per single family residence and $100 per duplex.
- Board Member Terms-The terms for Bill Hibbard and Paul Longsdorf expire this year. Both members expressed a willingness to serve another term. This will be mentioned in the President’s letter to Owners along with a request for any Owner interested in serving on the board to notify the President.
- Signing of Resolutions-A copy of the signature page of the recently adopted resolution enacting responsible governance policies was circulated for board members signatures. A copy will be maintained with the official association records.
- New Business-It was agreed that future board meetings will be held at the Steamboat Grand Owners Conference room with the Steamboat library as a back-up meeting place. We will convene at 4pm on Tuesday, March 14th at the Sauter’s residence to stuff envelopes for the annual meeting mailing. A brief discussion was held concerning enforcement of association covenants. It was noted that the association governance policies require that all complaints must be submitted to the board in writing after which time the board may determine enforcement action on a case by case basis as provided in paragraph G of the governance policies. A brief discussion was held pertaining to Owner education followed by general agreement that this is being done through Owner communication related to the annual meetings.
- Adjournment-There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at approximately 5:45pm.
Gary Pon, Board Secretary