Steamboat Property Owners Association
Minutes of June 13, 2016 Board Meeting
Members Present: Bill Hibbard Rich Danter, Tom Dugan, Gary Pon, Marcia Pryde and Bill Sauter
Members Absent: Paul Longsdorf
The Meeting was held at Gary Pon’s residence at 4:15pm.
- Annual Meeting Agenda-A discussion of the annual meeting agenda was held and suggestions were made to facilitate completing the agenda in a timely and orderly fashion. The revised agenda will include: Confirmation of Quorum, Approval of Minutes, President’s Remarks, Finance Report, CCIOA, Short-term rentals, Election of Board Members, Other Business and Adjournment. It is anticipated that we will have more nominations than openings on the board, hence we will be prepared to conduct the election by secret ballot. We expect to have a quorum at the meeting as required by the bylaws
- Boyd Application for Short term Rental-It was acknowledged that the board has seen a copy of the response to Mr. Boyd from Mike Holloran to which we have not yet received a response from Mr. Boyd.
- Owner Complaints-The board has received complaints from two owners. Bob Burks complained about the long grass and garbage scattered by bears at the Mason’s property (1482 Steamboat Blvd.) and a mess left outdoors in the back yard at the Westby property (1430 Steamboat Blvd.). He also complained about use of a fire pit in the back yard on May 29, 2016 and possible infringement on open space by the owners of lot 73, (1330 or 1332 Mark Twain). Burks reported the incident to Steamboat police who reported the fire was under control. It may be difficult to precisely identify the open space boundary without a survey. Richmond complained about an archery backstop on a Mark Twain lot across from their residence on Delta Queen Ct. which he feels is unsightly. Gary will contact Candi Garrison to see if the owner requested approval for the structure from the Architectural Control Committee. Gary will follow-up with the Burks and notify the owners by letter of any outstanding infractions.
- Website for Association-Bill and Gary reported that the SPOA website is live and populated with documents open to the public, owners and the Board respectively. Owner and Board portions of the website are password protected. The website address is http://www.steamboatpropertyoa.org
The owner password is “oa2016_boat”. A little more editing needs to be done to the documents on the website to eliminate duplicates and clarify document titles. The owner password may be mentioned at the annual meeting and will be sent to Owners in July with the assessment notice and mail-in ballot.
- Regularly Scheduled Board Meetings-A brief discussion was held on whether to schedule board meetings on a regular basis on the association website, subject to cancellation if not needed.
Meeting adjourned at 5:45pm.
Gary Pon, Secretary
Leave a Reply