Steamboat Property Owners Association (SPOA)
Minutes of August 7, 2015 Board Meeting
Members Present: Rich Danter, Tom Dugan, Bill Hibbard, Gary Pon, Marcia Pryde and Bill Sauter
Members Absent: Paul Longsdorf (Tom Dugan had a proxy from Paul).
The Meeting was held at Gary Pon’s residence. Bill Hibbard called the meeting to order at 8:05 am.
- Short Term Rentals Application Review Process-A discussion was held regarding the process to be used by the board in reviewing completed applications for short-term rental. It was agreed that the board would review completed applications along with comments or statements from other property owners and the criteria set forth in the May 7, 2015 board resolution. It was agreed that it is not necessary for the applicant or neighbors to appear before the board as part of the review and decision making process. It was further agreed that owner comments or statements needn’t be in writing and that comments or statements from association property owners whose property is more than 500 feet from the applicants’ property would also be considered.
- Antoun Application for Short-term Rental-A discussion was held on the application from Holly Antoun for 1605A Cornice Ct. including statements and comments from various association property owners objecting to short-term rentals on this property. It was noted that the applicant added wording to the printed wording on the application above the applicant signature space purportedly to modify the wording in the printed application. A motion was made and seconded that the application be denied based on numerous objections from neighbors and other property owners within the Steamboat Property Owners Association. Following discussion, the motion passed by a vote of 6 to 1 with Tom Dougan voting for Paul Longsdorf who is out of town. Bill Hibbard will send a letter to the applicant notifying her of the board decision.
- Association Documents and Applicability of the Common Interest Ownership Act (CIOA)-Gary indicated that he spoke with Mike Holloran recently about documents available from Heritage Title Company pertaining to the SPOA. Since Stuart Churchill is out of the office with a medical issue, Mike will pursue other sources for obtaining past SPOA documents. It was suggested that we visit the County Recorder’s Office and review documents of record pertaining to the SPOA. Gary and Bill Sauter agreed to do this and to inform the board of their findings.
- Lou Johnston Request-Gary indicated that he had a call from Lou Johnston requesting that the association pay for the pruning of the trees and shrubs at the end of Mark Twain Ct. It was acknowledged that in the past neighbors had performed this task. Following discussion it is unclear who owns this piece of ground (the City or the Association) which is not even shown on the association plot plan. Further, the board does not want to establish a precedent of paying for maintenance and the $25 annual assessment is not deemed adequate for covering this type of expense. Gary will inform Lou Johnston of the board decision.
- Check List for By-laws and Covenants-It was suggested that we consider developing a check-list of actionable items in these documents for board reference. This could be done for existing documents as well as for documents that may need to be revised pursuant to CIOA provisions.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:48am.
Gary Pon, Secretary