Steamboat Property Owners Association
Minutes of August 9, 2016 Board Meeting
Members Present: Tom Dugan, Bill Hibbard, Gary Pon, Marcia Pryde and Bill Sauter
Members Absent: Paul Longsdorf, Rich Danter
The Meeting was held at Gary Pon’s residence at 4:00pm.
- Approval of June 17th Annual Meeting & Board Meeting Minutes-It was moved, seconded and unanimously agreed that these minutes be approved as written. Copies will be posted on the association website.
- CCIOA Resolution-There were no written comments received from owners since the annual meeting. It was moved, seconded and unanimously approved that the CCIOA resolution be adopted without changes as mailed to all owners for the annual meeting. A copy of this resolution will be posted on the association website.
- Proposed changes to Bylaws & Declaration–Gary pointed out that since our declaration does not require that we provide notice of changes to the bylaws or declaration to mortgagees, we are not required by 38-33.3-217 CRS to do so. Following a brief discussion it was moved, seconded and unanimously approved that we adopt the proposed changes to the bylaws and declaration, respectively.
- Mail Ballot-Following discussion it was agreed that we would revise the ballot to seek a single vote on all three revisions to the Declaration. It was then agreed that we will send the ballot with a revised cover letter to all owners along with the 2016 dues notice and seek a reply within 30 days of the mailing. The mailing will also include a reminder to owners regarding short term rentals, construction, trash receptacles and parking of RV’s in driveways
- Date for stuffing Dues & Ballot mailing to Owners-It was agreed that we will meet at Bill Sauter’s house at 4pm on August 22nd to stuff envelops for mailing to owners.
- Architectural Control Committee-Following a discussion of the architectural control committee and in keeping with the applicable provisions in the Declaration, it was agreed that if the Committee determines an application will require a review by an architect, a fee should be charged to defray the cost of such review. The board did not feel that we should charge an applicant when no cost is incurred by the association. The board also discussed having a board member as a liaison with the committee and Marcia Pryde volunteered to do this.
- Complaint regarding Firepit on Owners Lot (Article II, Paragraph 3 of Declaration)-Gary shared a couple of photos of a fire pit on Lot 73B owned by the Moore’s. The fire pit is a metal container with a screen on top to help arrest sparks from the container. The owner indicated that a representative from the City Fire Department had looked at the device and indicated its approval. Following a brief discussion the board decided not to take any action. Gary will notify the complainant.
- Short term rentals-following discussion it was agreed that no action needed to be taken with the “grandfathered approvals” for short term rental. A board member indicated that the Boyd property located at 1462 Clubhouse Dr. is listed on VRBO and that it may be used for short-term rentals. Recognizing that it is difficult to determine if an owner is in violation as well as how to prove it, it was decided that we will write a letter to the City under the Freedom of Information Act requesting a list of properties within Fairway Meadows, Filing Number 1, that have been approved by the City for short-term rental and of those properties, who has been paying sales tax and how much.
- Letter to Owners re dues notice, ballot, –The letter to Owners will be shortened and revised to provide a strong emphasis on the ballot and dues assessment. Other items will be included in the mailing as addendums and posted on the website.
- Golf Course Agreement-Following a brief discussion about where to put the agreement on the association website it was decided that we will not do this as the board is not the proper source for answering questions about the agreement.
There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 5pm.
Gary Pon, Secretary
Leave a Reply