Steamboat Property Owners Association
Fairway Meadows Filing No. 1
Minutes of Annual Members Meeting
January 20, 2014
3190 South Lincoln Avenue
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
- Roll Call of Members: President Ed McLaughlin called the meeting to order at approximately 5:50 PM.
- Approval of Minutes: Upon motion duly made and seconded, the minutes of the March 11, 2013 annual meeting were approved by unanimous vote.
- Financial Report: Treasurer Bill Sauter reviewed his written financial report, noting a starting balance of $40,289.19, income of $4371.37, expenses of $3732.51, for a year-end balance of $40,928.05.
- Board of Directors Election: Ed McLaughlin indicated that he is resigning from the board and the term for Paul Longsdorf expires this year. Paul agreed to serve another term. Bill Hibbard was nominated to fill the remaining vacancy. Upon motion duly made and seconded, the two members noted were approved by unanimous vote.
- Golf Advisory Committee: Bill Davis reported that the golf course was in the best condition that he has ever seen it last season. He indicated that discussions have continued regarding the construction of a new club house as well as development of a new type of membership in hopes of increasing the number of active members. Of approximately 540 members that pay the $200 assessment, only about 80 are active members. A brief discussion ensued.
- Architectural Control Committee: Ed McLaughlin reported that the Ihlenfeldts recently sold their home in Steamboat and moved to Denver leaving this committee with only two members as Craig Brundridge has expressed an interest in serving on the committee with along with Candi Garrison. In response to a request for additional members, Dean Anthony and Bob Stevenson volunteered to serve on the Architectural Control Committee, which will result in a four member Committee.
- Association Business: Ed McLaughlin indicated that an owner had contacted him regarding vehicles traveling at excessive speed on Steamboat Blvd. One member present suggested the possibility of putting up a “Caution: Children at Play” sign.
Ed reported that the board had done some preliminary research regarding the use of electronic mail for association communications. Following discussion it was acknowledged that use of electronic communication would require expenditure of association funds for start-up and administration well in excess of the current costs of using volunteers and the U.S. postal service. There was general agreement not to proceed with further work regarding electronic communications.
- Adjournment: Upon motion made and duly seconded, the meeting was adjourned at approximately 6:35PM.
Gary Pon, Secretary